Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Best Banana Bread!

I love this banana bread recipe.
It's so easy and I have never had one turn out less than fabulous!
It is very moist and wonderful.
The recipe does not call for nuts but can add them if you like.
Walnuts are a yummy addition.
It can be made by hand or mixer.
I mix the baking soda and flour together before adding it to the banana mixture.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Banana Bread

Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. (I cool about 15 min in the pan and then I turn it out onto a platter.)
Remove from pan and slice to serve.
(We like it warm with lots of butter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment